Vanessa Guillen Death: What You Need to Know About Her Death?

Vanessa Guillen Death: The missing report for Specialist Guillen was filed with Fort Hood in April 2020, and her remains were located on June 30 of that same year. Her case sparked demonstrations and resulted in the Army imposing reprimands on over a dozen of its officials.

Who Was Vanessa Guillen?

On April 22, 2020, a fellow soldier named Aaron David Robinson was responsible for the death of a fellow soldier named Vanessa Guillén, who was 20 years old and served in the United States Army. Guillén was killed by being beaten to death inside an armory at Fort Hood, Texas.

When some of Guillén’s dismembered remains were discovered buried along the Leon River on June 30, it had been over two months since she had been seen last.] Robinson ran away from Fort Hood as soon as he learned about the discovery. He later committed suicide by shooting himself when law enforcement officers attempted to capture him in Killeen, Texas, which is located nearby.

Cecily Aguilar, a local woman who the authorities have identified as Robinson’s girlfriend, was taken into custody and is suspected of assisting Robinson in dismembering and burying Guillén’s body. Robinson has been charged with first-degree murder in Guillén’s death. Aguilar was charged with one count of conspiracy to tamper with evidence on July 2, 2020, by the federal government. She was indicted on eleven counts by a federal grand jury on July 13, 2021. The date of the indictment was July 13.

Read More:

Vanessa Guillen Death:  Who Was Involved In Her Murder?

Vanessa Guillén, age 20, was originally from Houston in the state of Texas. On September 30, 1999, by her parents, Rogelio Guillén and Gloria Guillén, both of whom were originally from the state of Zacatecas in Mexico.

She was one of five children. Guillén went to Hartman Middle School and is said to have graduated in the top 15% of her class from César E. Chávez High School in 2018 according to the information provided by her family. She was active in both soccer and jogging, and she enjoyed both competition and intellectual pursuits.

Guillén enlisted in the United States Army in June 2018 and is currently serving as a 91F, Small Arms and Artillery Repairer thanks to the training he received. On July 1, 2020, Guillén was promoted to the rank of Specialist after his death, having previously held the rank of Private First Class.
Aaron David Robinson, age 20, was originally from the southern suburb of Chicago known as Calumet City, Illinois. Robinson enlisted in the United States Army in October 2017 and is currently in the process of completing his training as a 12B Combat Engineer. At the time of his passing, he was a Specialist with the E4 rank group.

Cecily Anne Aguilar, age 22, was identified by the authorities as being Robinson’s girlfriend in addition to being the estranged wife of another soldier.

Vanessa Guillen Death
Source: ABC11

Investigation Of Her Murder?

Guillén was stationed at Fort Hood, a 340-square-mile (880 km2) U.S. Army installation in Bell County, Texas. She was last seen at 1 p.m. on April 22, 2020, in the Regimental Engineer Squadron Headquarters parking lot (3CR). Her car keys, ID, bank card, and barracks key were found at work. Guillén’s family thought she disappeared mysteriously.

The case was investigated by the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command (CID) and the FBI, with assistance from Bell County, Killeen, Belton, the Texas Parks, and Wildlife Department, the U.S. Marshals Service, and the Texas Ranger Division. Two weeks after her disappearance, multiple Fort Hood units, including 3CR, began searching.

Guillén told her family that she was sexually harassed by an unnamed sergeant at Fort Hood and that other female soldiers’ complaints had been dismissed. Guillén’s mother advised her to report the matter, but she said “she could stop it herself” out of fear for her mother.

Guillén’s mother told reporters in June that she didn’t trust the Army’s investigation, and her attorney said the family was “kept in the dark” because few details had been released. On June 13, 2020, hundreds protested a lack of information at Fort Hood. CID found no evidence Guillén was assaulted, but investigators suspect foul play in her disappearance.

A July 2020 hearing on the killing of Guillén, chaired by Jackie Speier.
On June 17, LULAC added $25,000 to the Army’s $25,000 reward for finding Guillén. Congresswoman Sylvia Garcia met with Fort Hood officials on June 23 to discuss the search. Over 300 interviews and 10,000 hours were spent on Guillén’s disappearance, authorities said.  Guillén’s mother, who had been detained for illegal immigration, was granted parole in place on July 27, 2020, with Garcia’s and Gomez Alfaro’s help.

Arrested Criminal’s

Robinson fled Fort Hood on June 30 after hearing about the discovery of remains. His unit detained him at CID’s request for violating COVID-19 quarantine rules. Killeen police located Robinson in the early hours of July 1, but he shot himself before being arrested.

The Texas Rangers arrested and jailed Aguilar in Bell County. Bell County officials announced on July 2 that Aguilar would be transferred to federal custody after being charged with conspiracy to tamper with evidence. Mark Frazier and Greg Gloff are federal prosecutors.

Reason Behind The Murder?

On May 24, 2022, the Texas Department of Public Safety reported “Aguilar said Guillen killed Robinson because he saw his picture on Robinson’s phone lock screen. Robinson was worried about violating the Army’s fraternization rules because Aguilar was still married and he hit Guillen with a hammer.”

Read More:



Scroll to Top