Who Is The Weeknd Dating? The Weeknd is the stage name of Abel Makkonen Tesfaye, a Canadian singer, songwriter, and record producer. He gained notoriety after uploading a number of his songs to YouTube under the moniker ‘The Weeknd’. Inspired to pursue a career in music by the famous Michael Jackson, he was later influenced by R&B artists such as Aaliyah, Missy Elliott, Timbaland, and The Neptunes. He began his career by distributing mixtapes for free on his own website. His three mixtapes, ‘House of Balloons,’ ‘Thursday,’ and ‘Echoes of Silence,’ all contributed to his development of a devoted fan base.
- What Is Eminem’s Net Worth? House of Eminem, Biography and Wealth
- Who Is Kate Mckinnon Dating? Is She Single Or In A Relationship?
Each of his studio albums garnered favorable reviews. As a child who struggled with shyness and insecurity, Tesfaye made a conscious effort to avoid publicity during his early career. He avoided interviews and even avoided using his own photograph on the covers of his mixtapes. He engaged with his followers on Twitter. He gained confidence, though, as his songs began to chart at the top of the charts globally.
He’s previously collaborated with Kanye West, Beyoncé, Ed Sheeran, Kendrick Lamar, and Drake. Tesfaye, who wishes to be recognized for being unique and different, began with his most recognizable characteristic, a hairdo inspired by Jean-Michel Basquiat.
Childhood & Adolescence Of The Weeknd
- The Weeknd was born in Scarborough, Ontario on 16 February 1990 to Makkonen and Samra Tesfaye. He is the sole child of his parents, who immigrated to Canada from Ethiopia in the 1980s.
- He was raised by his mother and maternal grandmother and has no recollection of his father, who abandoned the family when he was one or two years old.
- His mother supported the family by working as a nurse and caterer while also attending night school. His first language is Amharic, which he learned from his grandmother. He also became fluent in French from the French immersion class he attended till eighth grade.
Career Of The Weeknd
- The Weeknd’s musical career began when he met producer, Jeremy Rose. The two quickly began work on ‘The Weekend,’ an R&B CD. However, Rose did not use the three songs Tesfaye wrote for him, ‘What You Need’, ‘Loft Music’, and ‘The Morning’.
- Tesfaye started a YouTube channel called ‘The Weeknd’ in 2010 and released the three songs. The songs immediately acquired fame and were also included in a blog article highlighting Drake’s music.
- On March 21, 2011, he released his debut mixtape, ‘House of Balloons.’ It featured nine tracks, including those he wrote specifically for Rose. The mixtape was chosen as a 2011 Polaris Music Prize contender.
Personal History and Legacies Of The Weeknd
Since early 2015, The Weeknd has been dating runway model Bella Hadid. Additionally, she appeared in his music video for ‘In the Night.’ They reportedly split in late 2016 owing to scheduling conflicts.
He prompted reports in early 2017 that he was dating pop sensation, Selena Gomez. They appear to have come close while collaborating on a project.
The Weeknd’s Girlfriend Sama Khadra Biography
Born in Saudi Arabia on March 31, 1993 (Age 29). She is a well-known DJ.
Simi is one half of the sisterly fashion combo Simi & Haze, who also performs as a DJ pair at festivals such as Coachella. They’ve been with celebrities such as Kendall Jenner and Bella Hadid, and their joint Instagram account has grown to over 700,000 followers.
Life In The Family Of Sama Khadra
Her mother is an interior designer, while her father is a collector of fine art. She was born in Saudi Arabia, raised in London, and spent her high school years in Dubai. Her older brother is an accomplished musician.
Sama Khadra Before Fame
She and her sister first achieved notoriety when they were sighted at many Paris couture shows when they were fourteen.
Simi Was Friends With Bella Hadid, The Weeknd’s Ex-Wife
The singer of “Blinding Lights” dated the supermodel from 2015 to 2016, ending their relationship in November of that year. The duo reconciled in 2018, giving their romance a second chance before calling it quits in August 2019. Simi has made several appearances on Bella’s Instagram page over the years, and the two even rang in 2018 together on a ski getaway… accompanied by Simi’s brother Fai.
Is The Weeknd Dating Simi Khadra?
To begin, here is what we currently know about The Weeknd’s purported flame. Simi Khadra is a Riyadh-based DJ and model. She performs alongside her twin sister under the moniker Simi Haze, and the two also manage their own beauty line, Simihaze Beauty. The twins are also the younger sisters of Fai Khadra, Kylie, and Kendall Jenner’s best pals. The DJ duo was last seen exiting The Weeknd’s album release party at West Hollywood’s Delilah.
What makes this relationship rumor so intriguing is Khadra’s previous friendship with The Weeknd’s ex-girlfriend Bella Hadid. The pair were close to Hadid and frequently accompanied her on dinners and trips. After allegations of Khadra’s relationship with The Weeknd surfaced, Hadid unfollowed her best friend on Instagram.
Please Visit Our Site “www.poptopnews.com” And Show Some Love And Support!