A 13-year-old Boy From Ohio Overdoses On Benadryl In A Fatal Tiktok Challenge

According to his family, a 13-year-old from Ohio died after undertaking an alleged TikTok challenge that involved taking 12 to 14 Benadryl tablets, which is more than six times the advised dosage.

Jacob Stevens, of Greenfield, Ohio, opted to participate in the challenge earlier this month with his pals. He ended up in the hospital, where he eventually went brain dead, and his parents then decided to remove him from life support, according to Justin Stevens, Jacob’s father, who posted about it on social media.

“We made every effort to warn him to avoid TikTok. He was not welcome on TikTok. There are some nice things there, but there are also some negative things there,” Jacob’s grandmother Dianna Stevens told Fox News Digital.

Prior to his family deciding to remove him from life support, Jacob was hospitalized for six days with no signs of brain function.

Justin Stevens posted a link to a GoFundMe page called “Jacob strong” to raise money for his son’s funeral costs. Justin Stevens stated that his family does “not think it’s fair” to keep the 13-year-old on life support with “no brain activity” after he was hospitalized.

Read More:

According to TikTok, the “challenge” of taking 12 to 14 Benadryl pills was meant to induce hallucinations, but the result proved fatal for Jacob. When the 13-year-old started having a seizure while his pals were filming the challenge, they left him because they were “scared,” according to Dianna.

You can also follow us on our Twitter handle to be in check with all the current happenings.

Scroll to Top