According To Court Documents, The Suspect Who Fatally Shot The Home Depot Security Was Attempting To Steal A Toolbox

More details about the circumstances surrounding the fatal shooting at a Pleasanton Home Depot on Tuesday were revealed in court filings that were made public on Thursday. David Guillory, 31, and Benicia Knapps, 32, were detained in connection with the shooting death of 26-year-old Blake Mohs.

According to the documents, which were made public by the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office, Knapps attempted to steal a DeWalt toolbox before fatally shooting Mohs.

Documents in the court show that Knapps entered the Home Depot through the main door and chose a sizable, yellow DeWalt box. According to the Home Depot website, the majority of the DeWalt boxes it currently has in store are black, and a sizable yellow one costs $142.96.

Knapps is allegedly caught on camera leaving the store’s back entrance without paying for the package. Mohs and another worker from the store are seen approaching her after she leaves.

According to court filings, Mohs was able to grab the object away from Knapps after a battle between the two men over it. Knapps pulled a revolver out of her purse as Mohs and the other employee fled back into the business.

According to court documents, there was another battle over the toolbox once Mohs entered the shop again. Then, in the video, Knapps kills Mohs “at point blank range.”

She is seen entering the getaway car with the toolbox after the incident. That vehicle, a red 1996 Nissan Pathfinder, according to the records, was being driven by Guillory.

The driver was traveling 90 mph, weaving in and out of traffic, driving the wrong way on a one-way street, and passing other cars on the roadside. According to court records, Knapps was continuously carrying her 21-month-old child in her arms. The damaged front passenger-side door was swinging open during the chase, according to the records.

Read More:

Guillory sped westbound on I-580 and Golf Links Road before coming to a stop at 7950 Ney Avenue and running into a residential building. According to court records, Knapps was spotted giving her granddaughter a handshake.

According to court records, “Knapp (sic) placed the child in grave danger based on the fact that she knowingly intended to commit a crime and used the vehicle her baby was in as the getaway vehicle while leaving her child in the get-away vehicle,” Before going into Home Depot and committing the theft, Knapp was aware that she was carrying a weapon, which made the situation significantly riskier for Knapp’s child because of what might have transpired.

Knapps confessed to taking the tools during a police interview and being challenged by Mohs. She claimed to be in possession of a gun, but it discharged unintentionally.

You can bookmark our website,  for more related articles and the latest updates.

Scroll to Top