Conor McGregor Net Worth: How Much He Earned From Mayweather Fight?

On July 14, 1988, Conor Anthony McGregor was born in Ireland. He currently competes in mixed martial arts professionally. He was the inaugural Featherweight and Lightweight division champion in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).

He was once the lightweight and featherweight champion of Cage Warriors. He was defeated by Floyd Mayweather Jr. in his debut match. He is the most watched PPV attraction in mixed martial arts history because he headlined the five UFC PPVs with the highest ticket sales.

He and Khabib Nurmagomedov’s UFC 229 main fight raked in a record-breaking 2.4 million pay-per-view purchases. His boxing match with Mayweather resulted in the second-highest amount of PPV purchases in combat sports history, totaling 4.3 million in North America.

McGregor allegedly made $180 million in 2021, making him the highest-paid athlete in the world, according to Forbes. He returned to the list in 2018 and was ranked fourth with a reported income of $99 million.

Conor McGregor Net Worth

By 2023, Conor McGregor, an Irish professional fighter, is anticipated to have a net worth of $250 million. McGregor’s net worth includes the estimated $100 million prize money from his fight with Floyd Mayweather in August 2017, in addition to the $50 million from his fight with Khabib in October 2018 and the anticipated $200 million pre-tax gain from the sale of his whiskey company Proper No—twelve in April 2021.

You can also read about the fortunes of other famous celebrities by clicking the links given below:

We will go into further depth about each instance in the sections that follow. His fighting career earnings as of this writing are estimated to be $235 million. For a thorough analysis of each Conor McGregor paycheck, keep reading. Conor made $47 million between June 2018 and June 2019 through his pay, sponsorships, and purse sales.

The following tweet from the official MMA UNCENSORED account provided an estimate of Conor McGregor’s wealth in 2023:

What was Conor McGregor’s Profit from Proper No. 12?

In September 2018, The Proper No. McGregor launched twelve Irish whiskey brands in the US and Ireland. The partners obtained Proximo Spirits as a 20% equity partner before they started. Proximo is most well-known for owning Jose Cuervo tequila.

In the middle of 2020, Proximo invested $250 million to increase its ownership stake to 49%. The remaining joint 51% ownership interest in Proper No—twelve that McGregor and his business partners held was sold to Proximo Spirits in April 2021.

Conor McGregor Net Worth

Including the $250 million the three founders acquired from the previously discussed transaction with Proximo the year before, the accord may be worth $600 million. If all of the long-term targets are accomplished, Conor will have earned $200 million altogether from Proper No. Twelve.

How Much Money Conor McGregor made from the Mayweather Fight?

On August 26, 2017, Conor battled Floyd Mayweather in the boxing ring after leaving the MMA cage. The bout, which was one of the best pay-per-view events ever, sold 4.3 million copies.

Conor’s revenues at that level, including guarantees, product royalties, concessions, and incentives, were anticipated to be $100 million. Conor’s net value following the Floyd fight was $85 million if you count the taxes he paid on his $100 million in gross earnings, of which he lost around 50%.

Between June 2017 and June 2018, Conor earned nearly $14 million through endorsement deals with companies like Burger King, Beats by Dre, and Anheuser-Busch. Conor may have received an even greater payment if he had defeated Mayweather in a rematch (against all odds).

It is logical to assume that he would have been qualified to ask for at least 50% of the earnings from a later fight. Theoretically, that would have produced a dividend of $200 to $300 million.

On September 20, 2018, Conor revealed that he had agreed to an 8-fight deal with the UFC. Although the details of the deal were not made public, it is safe to conclude that they amount to at least $200 million.

You can follow us on our Facebook page, if you liked our content.

Scroll to Top